A few months ago, Blogging Guru Michael Spencer came to Asbury and talked about blogging. One of the things he suggested was to find a way to handle "link" posts and offer your readers pieces of information that they might find handy. My liturgical jedi JD Walt, does a regular posting of "14 stations of" posts, so I decided to follow his lead. I will try to get this going every Saturday. Since most of my schoolwork/research is in Revelation, I decided to call this the "7 bowls of..." and offer 7 great links.
2. NT Wright on Worship Songs. JD has quite the discussion going on here.
3. Why Contemporary Music makes congregational singing difficult. Michael spencer has had some difficult posts this summer, asking the questions that we are often to afraid to bring up. This is a post that any minister should read.
4. Rise of the New Living Translation. Rick Mansfield taught an Accordance seminar on Asbury campus this spring, and I enjoyed getting to meet him. Lately, I have been pulling my old NLT 1st edition of the shelf and using it-and I like it alot. Rick has offers several reasons why we may see the NLT become the most popular English translation.
5. Going To Seminary Adds Video. So I guess part of this is shameless promotion since I contribute to the site. But some new features have been rolled out lately and I am excited to see what happens around the site once the school year gets closer.
6. Why You should Twitter with Me. My buddy Jeremiah really brings out why Twitter is a great tool for ministers and/or Christians. For anyone weary of tech advances, read this.
7. The Worship Community. This entire site has had my focus over the last few weeks. I have looked for years for a great online worship resource, with articles and forums. This is it as far as I am concerned.